Monday, January 31, 2011

Nothings Gonna Change My World..

Or will it?

"Rita." Callie breathed, she had just run from her locker all the way to mine, which is 2 hallways away.
"What?" I asked, terrified, ever since my sister, Prudence, has been in a coma, I'm starting to think that I'm the 'bad-luck-charm' of the Randomly Retro Girls.
"Guess.WHAT." She breathed heavily.
"What?" I asked.
"Karaoke.Today.At.Lunch." I gave her a water bottle from my locker and she took it and gulped it down in less than thirty seconds.
"Really? Cool!" I smiled, singing isn't my thing. Heck, music really isn't my thing, I have a passion for writing. Music is for Molly, Charity, Chrissa, and..........

Prudence.

Bad luck charm. My inner voice scowled.

I shook it off, just in time for Callie to respond.

"Yeah..." She looked one way.
"But, you're in Chorus! You LOVE music, don't you?" I asked, confused.
"Yeah, but I love listening to music more. Which is why I'm not going to." She explained.
"Oh, well you'd be awesome at it. But it's your cho-" I was cut off.

"Sapphire." A voice interjected.
I saw Callie's face go sour, so I turned around.
"Oh hey, Chris!" I smiled, greeting the boy whom I had met on the first day.

We haven't talked much since then.
"Where are you going?" He asked, his big bright hazel eyes sparkled.
"Oh, History. Ugh." I rolled my eyes. I felt Callie's eyes burning into the back of my own.
"Good luck. I heard Henderson's giving out a HUGE test today." He informed me.
"Oh joy." I sighed.
"Well, good luck Sapphire. Catch ya later." He shot me a smile then walked away.

I looked in his direction, unsure of how I felt for him.
Do I like him? Is he my friend?

I was just about to answer that question when.
"MARITA KENLEY PILCHARD!" Shot through my ears.
I jumped then turned my attention to Callie.
"Shout louder, I think they didn't hear you in CHINA!" I retorted.
"Do you know who you were talking to?" She asked.
"Yeah, Chris. He's my friend." I smiled.
"No, that's Chris Jenkins. The school jerk. Each semester he finds one new girl and acts like he's her friend and gets her to fall in love with him. But what ends up happening is that she gets caught up in this crazy unrequited love situation, and dies alone housing 29 cats." Callie explained.
"I highly doubt ALL of that happens. Especially the 29 cats part." I rolled my eyes, shutting my locker and beginning the path toward History Class.
"Well, most of it happens." Callie appeared at my side again.
"Well, it won't happen to me." I stated.
"Oh Rita, poor, stupid Rita." Callie began.
"Feelings!" I intervened.
"You're just his type, the type that he destroys, that is." Callie patted my shoulder.
"Callie, Chris is my friend, and friends don't hurt their other friends. Okay?" I asked.
"Sure, but promise me one thing?" Callie asked.
"What?" I asked back.
"When he breaks your heart, I get to hit him with a bus." Callie said, then walked away, not caring for an answer.

I just rolled my eyes and walked into History.

Chris won't hurt me. He doesn't seem like it.

Well either way, something HAS changed my world, sadly.

Here we go......
*Rita

2 comments:

  1. OMG! CHRIS JENKINS! Girl I have to say, no offense, but I agree with Callie! My friend Ally fell for him one time! And he BROKE HER HEART! But I have to say, follow what your heart says! He might actually REALLY LIKE you! :)
    But be carefull! Just remember Callie and I will be making his life a living hell if he hurts you! Cuz your my Fashion buddy! :)

    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, just go with it, but don't get REAL feelings for him! He could be bad, just like Callie said! Be warned!!! D:

    ~Miranda

    P.S. He's currently hitting on my doll, Sonali! It's kind of funny, because she is SUCH a jerk, and she's falling FOR a jerk! I think it's love at first sight!!! XD

    ReplyDelete