Monday, February 7, 2011

Sneak Now

"Sapphire." Chris and his hazel eyes greeted me.
"Chris." I nodded.
"Why are we in the Choir room?" He asked, looking around.

Because my sisters and friends hate you, I mentally confessed.

I paused.
"A surprise?" I asked.
"Well, as long as no one sees me in here, I'm okay." He said, covering up the clear part of the door.
"Why?" I asked.
"Because, Chorus is lame." He stated like it was obvious.
"No it isn't! Have you ever been in it?" I asked, crossing my arms.
"No, but have you seen some of the kids in there?" He asked, shuddering.
"My friends are in there. And you know what, they were right about you. You're
a JERK!" I yelled as I pushed him out of the choir room and slammed the door behind me.

I sighed and sat down at the piano.

"You didn't have to do that." A soft voice said.
I jumped 50 feet in the air.
My head immediately was spinning around to look for the voice's owner.

Finally, a tall figure came out of the shadows. He had chocolate brown hair and big sea green eyes.

Who was this kid?

"Um, no offence or anything, but who are you?" I asked, returning behind the piano.
"I was about to ask you the same thing." He smirked.
"I asked first." I retorted.
"Fine, you win." He put his arms up in defeat.
"I'm Brett Williams." He smiled.
"I'm Rita Pilchard, it's nice to meet you, Brett." I grinned, putting out my hand so he could shake it.
"It's nice to meet you too, Rita." He grabbed my hand and shook it.
"Why are you in here?" I asked.
"I heard that the Chorus is having some try-outs and I wanted to audition." He
smiled.
"Oh cool! I'm in here because of... well yeah, him." I narrowed my eyes when I
thought of Chris.
"Was what he said true?" Brett's green eyes were sparkling.
"No. I mean, I'm fairly new here, but everything Chris Jenkins says is a blatant lie." I sighed.
"Oh, so were you going to audition too?" He asked.
"Oh no. I couldn't sing if my life depended on it." I laughed.
He laughed along, but began eyeing a guitar.
"Can you play the guitar?" He asked.
"Yeah, why?" I asked.
"Can you help me go over my audition song one last time?" He asked.
"Sure" I nodded, then picked up the electric guitar and nodded for him to play.
"WAIT!" I shouted.
"What?" He snickered.
"Don't laugh at me!" I giggled.
"You were really loud." He began full out laughing.

Now, I just met this kid, and I already knew that his laugh was contagious,
because in a matter of seconds, I was rolling around laughing my face off.

"But what did you want to know?" He asked, calming down.
"Ooh" I wiped a tear from my eye. "What song are you singing?" I asked.
"Misery by Maroon 5." He said.
"Cool! Is there a story behind it?" I asked. Almost every song that is sang in that choir room has some history behind it.
"Oh, just my girlfriend. I love her to death, but she's just becoming unbearable." He sighed.
"Aw, that sucks. I'm sorry. I hope it works out between you two." I smiled.
"Thanks, Rita." He smiled, then nodded for me to start playing the guitar.

"Oh yeah!" He sang.
"So scared of breakin' it, but you won't let it bend. And I wrote two hundred letters I will never send." He sang flawlessly.

I'm pretty sure I wasn't hitting the right notes on the guitar. I was too mesmerized by his voice.
Wow. That kid was good.

"Sometimes these cuts are so much deeper than they seem." He pointed to imaginary cuts on his arms.

"You'd rather cover up, I'd rather let them be." He put one foot in front of the other and spun around.
"So let me be, and I'll set you free." He put his arms out like he was a bird.

"I am in misery. There ain't nobody who can comfort me." Brett shook his head, causing his hair to move side-to-side.
"Oh yeah!" I sang.
"Why won't you answer me?" He acted like he had a phone.
"The silence is slowly killing me." Then he fell to the ground and acted like he was dead.

I laughed out loud at that.

"Girl" He jumped up to his feet.
"You really got me bad, you really got me bad." He nodded while singing and dancing.
"Now, I'm going to get you back, gonna get you bad." He acted like he had an evil plan and put both hands together and smiled mischievously.


Apparently he felt like skipping the second verse, because he jumped right into
the bridge.

"Say your faith is shaken." He shook.
"You may be mistaken." He put his arms out and shrugged.
"You keep me wide awake and waiting for the sun." He pointed outside.

"I'm desperate and confused." He rubbed his forehead.
"So far away from you." He pointed me, I smiled.
"I'm getting there. I don't care where I have to go." He motioned for me to go join him. I put the guitar down and we finished the song a Capella.

"Why do you, do what you do to me, yeah." I sang.
"Why won't you answer me, answer me yeah." He replied by singing.
"Why do you, do what you do to me, yeah!" I framed my face with my hands like Madonna.
"Why won't you answer me, answer me, yeah!" He mirrored my dance moves.
"I am in misery!" We harmonized.
"There ain't nobody who can comfort me" He sang solo and spun around.
"Oh yeah!" I sang, jumping up on the piano.
"Why won't you answer me?" I sang.
"The silence is slowly killing me." He ducked down to the ground.

He jumped up and pulled me off the piano and spun me around.

"Girl you really got me bad!" I sang.
"You really got me bad." He acted like a girl and flipped imaginary hair behind his shoulder.
"I'm gonna get you back." I nodded while singing.
"Gonna get you back." He picked me up and spun me around, then set me down.
"Girl! You really got me bad." He sang.
"You really got me bad." I sang, then did a cartwheel.
"I'm gonna get you back." He sang, then did a fail of a cartwheel.
"Gonna get you back." We both sang while he got up and grabbed my hand and spun me around.


"You're a really good singer and dancer." I complimented.
"Thanks Rita. You're not bad yourself." He smirked at me.
"Oh shut up, I'm awful." I laughed.
"No, you were actually really good. Oh and Rita?" He asked.
"What?" I asked.

"Madonna called, she wanted her dance moves back." He smirked.

We're going to be great friends.
*Rita

1 comment:

  1. omg! You and Brett are going to be GREAT friends! I'm happy for you lovely Rita(:
    And I've told you a thousand time! Your not bad at singing! You just think you are!

    Miss you Rita! It hasnt been the same without you! But I'm happy that you like your new home!

    OHH ANNNDD Sonny and Kenna say HALLA! XDD

    *Mikayla*

    ReplyDelete