Friday, January 21, 2011

When All Else Fails

"FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL! FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!" I hopped on my bed and yelled.

Monday was, in fact, my first day of school at AGPPA.

And.I.Was.Excited.

I had the PERFECT outfit planned, I knew EXACTLY where all of my classes were, I had Callie and Cindie in all of my classes, and it felt like a good day.

My outfit was Julie's Calico Dress. Boots and all, just not the bandanna.

I got dressed, ate breakfast, got ready and headed out the door and towards my first day of school.

[-:-]

-LAST PERIOD-

Today was a disaster.
Lunch sucked, none of my teachers can pronounce my name right, all the kids seem to hate me, I got a hole in my shoe, and it's snowing.


And now, I was late.

To MATH.

I fixed my curls, and headed from my locker to Mr. Johnaldson's class.


Oh look,
it's on THE OTHER END OF THE SCHOOL.

Here we go again. I thought in my mind and rolled my eyes.

I grabbed my books and pretty much ran to the other end of the school.

I looked at the clock, wow! I might actually make i-

BAM!

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" I apologized, looking up at the person I ran into.
"You better watch where you're going, next time." The other person warned.

He had hazel eyes and light blond hair. He was wearing a grey hoodie jacket and blue jeans with tennis shoes.
I blinked my eyes.


Just another pretty boy, Rita. Nothing to waste your time on.


"Gee thanks." I growled, then picked up my books and left.
"Wait!" He said, running after me.
"Where are you going?" He asked, his hazel eyes were light and right then, they were shining.
"Mr. Johnaldson's class. " I sighed, struggling to hold up the heavy weight of the Math book.
"Do you need help?" He asked, looking at my struggle.
"I can handle it by myself, thank you very much. But thanks, I guess." I sighed, finally getting the book to look normal in my hands.
"Well, you're welcome. I guess." He added, mocking me.
"Wow, what are you like seven?" I asked, rolling my eyes.
"No, Sapphire." He sneered.
"What's that supposed to mean, Sapphire?" I asked.
"You're eyes are Sapphire blue. Duh." He rolled his eyes.
"Duh? Don't girls say that?" I asked.
"Yep. Boys too." He said.
"Well, you don't seem like a boy. Just a very ugly girl." I snapped.
"Ooh, touchy." He put his hands up.
"Well, lookie here, I'm here and.." I looked at the clock. "Five minutes late. Thanks......." I trailed off, wondering if he ever told me his name.
"Chris Jenkins." He said, cooly.
"Rita Pilchard." I replied.
"Well bye, Rita." He waved, then left.

I looked in his direction, and I watched him leave.

I was confused.

"Ms. Pilchard! Do you realize you are fi-" Mr. Johnaldson said, storming out of the class.
"Sorry, I got lost." I lied.
"Oh, well, come on in!" He smiled, then held open the door for me.


School might not be so bad after all?

*Rita

2 comments:

  1. Oooh Girl! I kinda think this Chris guy likes you! I never saw him around school! Hmm..Now I want to meet him! LOL Me and my sisters were so happy to FINALLY meet you!

    Elizabeth- Yep! Rebecca could NOT stop talking about how u had such great fashion!

    Rebecca- *Slaps Elizabeth on the shoulder and then shrugs* Its true!

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Sonali saw you at school, and she was JEALOUS of your good sense of fashion! Lily WOULD have wanted to meet you, but she went back to the East coast to go to her old school again!

    ~Miranda

    ReplyDelete